Seattle's Best World Language Groups
The language groups are free, friendly and fun. People can arrive and depart at their convenience. There are two different conversation groups affiliated with the Seattle International Club:
- The European language groups are well established and host six languages in the University District. Group size varies from 4 – 30 people.
- The Greek group is the newest and smallest group. The German and Spanish groups are the oldest and best-attended groups.
- The Japanese Group is newer and meets in Belltown’s Uptown Espresso & Bakery. Group size varies from 4 – 15 people.
The European language groups provide opportunities to use or improve current conversational skills. Unfortunately, these groups are not appropriate for absolute beginners.
The Japanese group has members conversant in Japanese. They also occasionally have Japanese members attempting to improve their English.
Language Locations, Dates and Times
- All languages listed below are held at the Continental Restaurant:
4549 University Way NE. – Seattle, WA 98105 – (206) 632-4700.
- Czech: Cesky Stolecek - every Tuesday (during U Quarters) 4:00 – 6 PM
- Dutch: Seattle Dutch Table - 1st & 3rd Mondays of every month 7:00 – 9 PM
- French: Echange Francais - every Wednesday 6:30 – 9 PM
- German: Stammtisch - every Tuesday 6:00 – 10 PM
- Greek: Helleniki Sizitisi - every Friday 6:30 – 9 PM
- Spanish: Tertulia - every Thursday 6:00 – 10 PM
- The Japanese group meets every Tuesday, between 7:00 – 10:00 PM at Uptown Espresso & Bakery: 2504 4th Ave. – Seattle, WA 98121 – (206) 441-1084.